Facing Job Uncertainty: effective applications
Learn how to survive and thrive by understanding how to play the applications game and win.
The sad fact is that restructuring, and redundancy is rapidly becoming a permanent feature of modern careers as workplaces all around the UK feel the market turbulence driven by competition, technology and Brexit.
We understand from first-hand experience what it’s like when your job may be at risk, and how worrying a time it can be. We also know that if you are facing restructuring or redundancy, you have two choices:
- you can either let the fear defeat you, or
- you can take your courage in both hands and seize the opportunity by focusing on making it work for you.
In the last year alone, Career Alchemy has helped almost 500 professionals do just that, enabling them to navigate their way to a brighter future for them and their loved ones and we can help you do the same too.
Understand the rules of the game
The trick to surviving and thriving is knowing how the applications game is played and how to unlock the opportunity you want.
To do that, all you have to do is be clear about what you have to offer and explain it effectively on paper - that way you get of 90% of the field to make it onto the short list.
Well, like everything in life, it is when you know how.
Protect your future by taking the uncertainty out of job applications
If it has been a while since you last applied for a job anywhere, you will need to hone your application and interview skills whether you are having to reapply for your job or need to get into a new role somewhere else.
Designed for anyone who needs to develop or refresh their application and CV writing skills, our Effective Applications 90 minutes live online webinar course
- provides a low cost, high impact, investment which won’t break the bank
- takes place in the evening so you can join from the comfort of your own home which means you don’t have to use valuable leave at a time when you need it most,
- comes complete with course workbook and proven hybrid CV template with full guidance notes and
- will be recorded so you won’t miss it if life gets in the way and can use the recording to refer back any time you need to in the future.
And in case you are worrying, we use special webinar software which guarantees that others on the live course can’t see your identity.
Finally, to make sure that you have every chance of success, you will be invited to a private online group for delegates so we can answer course related queries, so you are supported over the coming month.
Here’s what you’ll gain
Our Effective Applications course will enable you to survive the redundancy challenge and get shortlisted for relevant jobs you want because you:
- Are informed and understand the restructuring process and your redundancy rights
- Learn how to manage your emotional state despite a difficult context
- Are clear about what it is you have to offer in terms of attitude, skills, knowledge and experience
- Know how and where to search for appropriate job opportunities which need what you have to offer
- Know how to think like a recruiter so you understand their needs
- Learn how to use proven sales and marketing psychology techniques and language to create compelling applications so you make the short list every time you apply
- Use virtual and physical network to create unique opportunities so you can tap into the hidden recruitment market, and
- Understand how and when to work effectively with recruitment agencies
The session will be facilitated by our multi-award-winning lead coach, Carolyn Parry, one of the UK’s top career coaches and UK Career Coach of the Year 2017, who has had first hand and client experience of the challenges of restructuring and has helped thousands to create successful working lives and careers.
- Tuesday 10th September 2019
Time: 7.30 – 9pm
The course will be recorded so you can replay it as many times as needed.
The session will be facilitated by our multi-award-winning lead coach, Carolyn Parry, one of the UK’s top career coaches and UK Career Coach of the Year 2017, who has had first hand and client experience of the challenges of restructuring and has helped thousands to create successful working lives and careers.Carolyn Parry is a multi award-winning career
coach practitioner and trainer and was recognised as the UK Careers Adviser/Career Coach of the Year in 2017.
Known nationally for the quality of her work as a trainer and by client testimonials for the effectiveness of her one to one coaching work, most of her coaching clients come via referral and benefit from her unique, proven and life-changing INSPIRED coaching model, now available for the first time here as a self-service course.
A Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, of the Higher Education Academy, and the International Enterprise Educators’ Programme, she is a national trainer of career coaching for AGCAS (the Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services), and represents the professional organisation, the Career Development Institute, in Wales.
When not helping others to create careers build on purpose and their unique potential, you will find her enjoying the company of family, friends, taking photos of the Welsh countryside with her dogs, singing and watching rugby.